Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summerfest!!

So this last weekend was what you would call Summerfest!! Yes!! I love it. There is a carnival, a parade and my favorite part...FIREWORKS!! That's right it is the special time of year when I get to see illegal sparkly things fly up in the air! Love it!! So we got to Summerfest and found a great spot on the hard road but hey we were on the front row so no complaints from me. We got every little flier and handout that was passed out during the parade. My nephews were having a blast and loved getting all the little papers! The best was when my nephew Hunter got some chap-stick. He said, "SWEET!! This is exactly what I need!!" He was super excited and put it in his pocket. ha ha. Good times with the family!! So my camera died at the most inopportune time so I was only able to get 2 pictures from the whole night...Lame I know!! The parade was good. A UCCU float was there. Great way to represent...yep a little plug for work!! ha ha.
After the parade Jana and her kids left. They missed the best part...the fireworks! Hunter tried to convince his mom he needed to stay but he ended up leaving with the rest of the Bigelow clan. I think the chap-stick was the highlight for him and nothing could top it!! If only I knew that $1 chap-stick would have won him over I would have gotten him some years/months ago!! Anyway the fireworks were awesome but a little short...15 min is a good amount of time, I guess. Well last year I went with my friend Mike. I texted him and told him that I was almost to second base about to watch the fireworks (inside joke between Mike and I :) ) and he said he couldn't believe that I was at our special spot. I asked him if he was jealous and he said it all depends on if I was there with another man...do my brothers count as other men?? So I guess the answer is yes!! Ha ha. It was so fun!! Great night with family and friends!!
Andrew, Gage and I :) Love Gage's little face!!
Hunter, Diana, Jackson, Lucas and Lucas's brother Landon! :)

No comments: